Daniel Sandler Swatches and Initial Review


If you have read my previous post you'll see my recent Daniel Sandler haul.

I have swatching away like a busy bee to give you an initial review of the products I picked up recently!



So go and get yourself a good ol' cuppa, get comfy and let's get started!
(Don't forget to click the pictures to enlarge!)


Firstly let's talk about...

Perfect Canvas Fluid Foundation

Daniel Sandler Perfect Canvas 10 12 14 15

Daniel Sandler's Perfect Canvas Fluid Foundation is described as a foundation that:
" provides invisible perfection for every face and skin tone. Proven outstanding in providing a gentle, and uniformly applied makeup to even out skin tone and blemishes, leaving a velvety smooth finish, providing medium coverage"
and I totally agree!

Perfect Canvas is for those of us who want to even out our skin tone for a natural everyday look.  
I liken the finish of it to MAC Studio Fix Fluid.
I found that you do not need a lot of this product for it to work well for you. 
I firstly applied Shade 10 with a dry stipple brush however applying it this way made me feel like I had far too much product on so I went in again with my fingers and blended it into areas of my face that needed coverage.

This provided a more natural look which I loved!

On a separate occasion I also wore Shade 15, applied with a damp stipple brush. This was by far my favourite way to wear this foundation. It provided me with a dewy, natural and even looking skin tone.

The great thing about this product is that it is multi faceted! 
It is a great product to mix with your daily moisturiser for a dewy natural look or this can also be used as an under eye concealer! Fab or what?!

What I absolutely adore about Daniel Sandler's products is the colour range!!
As a woman of colour it is always a God send to find a beauty range that not only caters to women of colour but the different tones that we come in! 
As you can see above Daniel's products cater for reddish undertones as well as golden undertones.

I have swatched Perfect Canvas along with my other foundations so that you can get an idea of the tones of Perfect Canvas.
Daniel Sandler Perfect Canvas 10 12 Comparisons
Shade 10 is the shade that is most suited to my skin tone (at the moment) as you can see from the swatch above. I expect when the sun finally shows itself I may have to adjust this which I can do by mixing shades together.

Next we have...

Daniel Sandler Catwalk Compact SPf25

Daniel Sandler Catwalk Compact 8 10
Catwalk Compact is described as the following: 
"Cream-in-a-compact leaves smooth matte finish and setting properties of a powder... Coverage is buildable, from moderate to high. Suitable for combination to oily skin types."

Initially I was not going to pick up this compact, I had never used a cream to powder foundation but from personal recommendation from Daniel himself I decided to give it a go and I'm glad I did!!

This product is fabulous! 
Great to store in your handbag and easy to apply.
It is also very light weight which makes it blend in like a dream!
As you can see from the swatches above this product is build-able providing medium to full coverage.
I would say try this out if your a fan of MAC's Studio Tech foundation.

The website recommended applying this with a damp brush for a sheer look, however I applied with a stipple brush, powdered and set with MAC Fix + for a more full coverage look.
Before and After Daniel Sandler Catwalk Compact 8 10
Here I used as many of the products above so that you can get an idea of tones and coverage offered. I am normally one for sheer/medium coverage but for the sake of this review I built up coverage to medium to full.

I applied both shades of the Catwalk Compact on my face and Perfect Canvas in Shade 10 underneath my eyes.
I then set my face with On The Loose powder in Shade 15.

As it seems like it has been winter forever here in the UK, these shades are coming up a little bit warm for me, (my winter shade is quite pale) however I don't imagine this being a problem in the summer.

All in all I am super impressed with this products!
They are a FABULOUS price as well as being Women Of Colour friendly!
They are also VERY versatile. 
Each product can be used a number of ways ensuring you get the best use out of it, which is great for those of you who like to customise your make up or who work as MUAs!

For more information or to purchase these items visit Daniel Sandler's website HERE.

What do you think of Daniel Sandler products?
Are you tempted to try them out?


14 comments

  1. wow you look gorgeous need to get my hands on some daniel sandler! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlie! :) It's a must! The prices are fab for what you're getting!!! xx

      Delete
  2. Love this on you! It gives you a lovely "glow" and doesn't look cake-y at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I was worried about the cakey look, I hate it but this product didn't have that at all!

      Delete
  3. I love how this foundation looks, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The foundations are great, a great formula!

      Delete
  4. Just ordered some. Again, thanks so much for this post made it so much easier for me...

    Anna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem my love! Glad it helped!! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm probably really out of the loop as I had never heard of Daniel Sandler before lol, but this makeup looks amazing! I particularly like the look of the Catwalk Compact as I have oily skin and I like foundations with medium to full coverage so I will defo be checking out the website. Thanks for this post! x

    www.perfectlyrandomblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's def a great brand and the price is brill right now! And I only heard of Daniel Sandler a few months back from Pixiwoo! :)n x

      Delete
  6. Great review. Shade 10 looks like it would suit me just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks luv! It's great as my winter colour! I'm finding I'm alternating between 10 and 15 right now!

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top