Guerlain Terracotta Moisturising Bronzing Powder in Ebony 08

Guerlain Terracotta Moisturising Bronzer Powder in Ebony 08
If you're a regular reader of the blog you would have seen me mention this beaute on more than one occasion.


I first came across it during a random trip in Beauty Base Westfield, I swatched it and fell in love immediately and I had been dreaming about it ever since!

A fateful trip to Debenhams whilst Christmas shopping ended with me purchasing the bronzer with a 30% discount.

As soon as I got home I applied! 
I could not wait!


What They Say

"Light, translucent and luminous, Terracotta restores a natural healthy glow in a few strokes of a brush. Combining the sensuality of a natural tan with the voluptuousness of light textures and a velvety finish, Terracotta perfectly reproduces the golden and coppery shimmer of sunlight"

In laymans terms it bronzes naturally! No orange lines or dirty streaks on the face, this product is designed to blend fantastically to give a natural tan to the areas in which it has been applied.
Guerlain Terracotta Moisturising Bronzer Powder in Ebony 08

Application

 I apply bronzer as a contour along my cheekbones to help slim my face, I make sure I blend this out to ensure no harsh lines, I then move onto my temples applying bronzer to them lightly connecting at the top with the excess left on the brush and then I bronze against my jawline, depending on how I feel I may also use the bronzer to contour my nose.
(you can see an example of how I apply my bronzer HERE)

My Thoughts

This was always going to be a winner for me!

Firstly, ANY bronzer that is suitable for a woman of colour like me is always in my good books, many people do not realise but I only know of one other cosmetic brand (CoverGirl Queen) that makes bronzers for women of colour, shocking right?! 
So when I came across this bronzer I was genuinely excited!

The bronzer applied gorgeously, smooth and soft and very easy to apply and blend.
My skin didn't have a muddy appearance, instead I was given a gorgeous glow with a subtle highlight which gave my skin life!

The pictures below were taken whilst I was ill. 
I really think the swatches speak for themselves, the first picture is without the bronzer, the second with and the the third with the bronzer taken with flash.
I am wearing nothing else on my cheeks and my base is Studio Fix Fluid in NC50 (matte foundation)
The only two cons I could possibly hold against this product are the following:

Scent  
The bronzer has a noticeable floral scent that is quite strong when the compact is opened, however I've found the scent is only noticeable from the compact, I did not notice it once the bronzer was applied. For those of you who are quite sensitive to smells this may be off putting but I noticed that the  scent disappeared once the bronzer was applied.


Price
This doesn't come cheap!
At £34.00 it took me quite a while to pluck up the courage to buy it and even then I managed to purchase it for just under £31 (£30.60) as it was on offer.
Would I have brought it in the end? 
Yes! 
It is a fantastic shade for an NC50 lady like myself and the payoff is fantabolous,however, if this is a bit too pricey feel free to pick up the CoverGirl Queen bronzer, it isn't as smooth as the Guerlain bronzer so it requires a bit more work but at a fraction of the price it's a fantastic product for women of colour.

All in all I am a big big big fan of this product!
I love the effect it gives, a healthy glow without an actual highlighter is a rare thing! The price was a bit of an issue for me at first with me being a budget makeup lover but I have a feeling I will definitely get £30 worth of wear out of this gem!


Do you have any Guerlain products?
What bronzers do you use?


16 comments

  1. I love the Guerlain bronzers, they are so luxurious and the finish is incredible :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! The finish is just immaculate!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love Guerlain bronzers too, I have only worn them when there given to me a present because it is on the pricey side :/ but there so worth the money. It looks gorgeous on you Hun, such a pretty glow.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be using this for special occasions due to the price but you are right it is worth it! Thanks Megan Leigh! :) x

      Delete
  3. This looks really good on you! Guerlain bronzers are the best that I have ever used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my love! :) It is gorgeous but I'm still on the hunt for Metal Rock now, you've got me lusting over it! x

      Delete
  4. Thank for your post. I have been looking for a bronzer for WoC for months now. Btw your makeup is gorgeous. xx

    Christerline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries lovely! This a great bronzer for WoC! and thank you!! :) x

      Delete
  5. Love it Nat. You look so radient. I will be purchasing when I'm home over Christmas break. I need a glow like yours for the winter.
    Keep on keeping on chic. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michaela! Definitely recommend it! Make sure you wrap up, the weather is horrible as per usual! :) x

      Delete
  6. Just been reading through your blog and I think you are my beauty sole mate! So many products you're talking about I'm like YEP that's on my wishlist, YEP so is that.

    Ahhh

    Georgina at itotallypaused.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Beauty Soul Mate! Love that!! xxx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Yep doll, the shade name is in the title of the post :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top