Heroine and Flat Out Fabulous Lipstick

I have never been so patient waiting for a product to return!
NEVER!
Like a fiend I checked the MAC site once a day waiting for Heroine to come back when I heard the news that it was becoming permanent but alas, it never came.
Then last week an email popped into my inbox, eyes half closed I read the words "Heroine is back!" 
I have never jumped out of bed so quickly.
I placed an order for the almighty Heroine and Flat Out Fabulous after recommendations from Twitter.


I could not wait to try this out! 
I was still on the fence about Flat Out Fabulous after swatching it but bit the bullet anyway.

When the package came I was like an over excited child!
I applied the lipstick IMMEDIATELY!

Heroine is a gorgeous bright violet creamy purple in a matte finish.
Perfect for all skin tones but really beautiful on deeper skin tones.
I found that this applied so smoothly, a lot smoother than Ruby or Riri Woo, it did not drag against my lips and was very comfortable to wear.

Pigmentation wise, first application was pretty impressive, however one or two swipes is really needed to get the most out of this vibrant colour.
Below I'm wearing Heroine without any lip liner.

I can definitely see why almost everyone loves this colour, I think it works so well on my skin tone.
One thing I did experience was staining though, so watch out, otherwise I am glad I purchased it!

If you don't want to splash out the cash on Heroine, I've found that Revlon's Matte Balm in Shameless and Topshop's lipstick in Straight Ace are good dupes, not exactly the same but great alternatives!
Heroine Lipstick Dark Skin Tone NC50 Beauty Blogger UK Black


Next Flat Out Fabulous.
A relatively new release from MAC which is a permanent part of their Retro Matte collection.
FOF is a bright cooled toned fuchsia lipstick once again perfect for all skin tones for that pop of colour (#bloggersfavouritetermsthatweallhate) you need.
Application wise FOF was dryer than Heroine and I did experience some tugging but it was minimal, something I can live with.

Pigmentation wise, super impressed. FOF goes on bright and stays that way, I applied two coats in the swatches below.
I am also wearing FOF without any lip liner, I have seen many people team FOF with Nightmoth or Magenta lip liner but the lipstick also works beautifully on it's own.

FOF really surprised me and I can honestly say this is my new favourite "pink" lipstick.
The vibrancy of it works so well with my skin tone, I absolutely LOVE it, a little bit more so than Heroine! 
Shock!
FOF also stains, sigh, but it's a small price to pay for such a gorgeous lipstick!
Flat Out Fabulous Dark Skin Tone NC50 Beauty Blogger UK Black
All in all I am more than happy with my new additions!

You can pick up both Heroine and Flat Out Fabulous for MAC now HERE

Do you have Heroine or Flat Out Fabulous?
What other MAC mattes do you love?

25 comments

  1. I've been waiting breathlessly for Heroine too. I'm a bit of a purplelipsticaholic - you're right Revlon Shameless is a good dupe though tad more berry, also if you haven't already seen then Rio in the Sleek Mardi Gras lip palette. Flat Out Fabulous does what it says on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I have Rio such a gorgeous colour, more of a true purple. I love the many shades of purple you can get! Love the term Purplelipsticaholic!!

      Delete
  2. I have them both! Just received heroine yesterday! Haven't worn it yet. Flat out fabulous Ive had since september and I love it. Such a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FOF is soo gorgeous, I really wasn't expecting to like it this much!!

      Delete
  3. OMG! I've been waiting for this to come back, such an amaaaazing shade!!
    Need to purchase it asap.

    Katie Loves | UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    BlogLovin' : Katie Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sooo glad it's back!! Out in stores now too! x

      Delete
  4. I have both of these and love them so! I lusted after Heroine for so long but couldn't bring myself to pay ebay prices for it so you best believe that the minute it was once again available for sale I snatched it up, ha ha! Both shades look wonderful on you...I think purple complements brown skin tones so beautifully.

    You should try Relentlessly Red and All Fired Up. I believe both came out in the same Retro Matte collection that FOF was in and they're equally gorgeous. I'm not a fan of the Retro Matte formula as it's so darn dry, but these colours are soooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, please, please, PLEASE do a skincare video/blog post if you haven't done so already! Your skin is GORGEOUS, hun....share your secrets with the rest of us who are struggling, lol! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Shayo! Yes, someone else recommended All Fired Up to me too, I'll definitely check it out as I love matte lipsticks, but yes you're right these matte's are a bit too drying in relation to MAC's normal mattes.

      Haha! I think this is mostly down to great foundation, I have really blemished skin but will make a post with what I use if you are still interested. Stay tuned for it! :) Thanks for reading and commenting lovely! :)

      Delete
  5. How you look gorgeous in both shades - what amazingly pigmented lipsticks! xx
    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma, the pigmentation is killer!! Love how colourful these are! x

      Delete
  6. Flat Out Fabulous suits you so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Winnie, I definitely love this pink on my skin tone! Not too ashy at all!

      Delete
  7. These lipsticks are so beautiful! MAC lippies are always so pigmented! LOVE xxx

    yecrad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! MAC lipsticks are fab, shame about the price but once in a while I don't mind splashing out if the colours are as gorgeous as these! x

      Delete
  8. I need Heroine in my life!!! Both colours look stunning on you. Sleeks exagerrate is another close colour to Heroine too. x

    Lydia
    http://bitsofthisandthatblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heroine is the bee's knees! Haha! Yes, Exxxagerrate is a close dupe but more on the blue-ish side of purple but still a fab colour! x

      Delete
  9. They both look gorgeous on you, especially FOF! I got my Heroine on Tuesday but I still haven't tried it on yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Heroine was definitely worth all the waiting!! Believe me!

      Delete
  10. I've has Heroine for a while and I really like it but I don't wear it as much as I thought I would for some reason. You've completely convinced me to get FOF though and I've just added it to my cart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous lippie but I understand what you mean, I'm like that with a lot of my lipsticks! Haha! Fab! Let me know what you think of FOF!

      Delete
  11. You have the most amazing lips, I'm sure they'd pull off any colour perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore both of these! I love Heroine and am desperate to get my hands on FOF. It's just gorgeous! Both of these shades are stunning on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FOF is such a winner, the perfect hot pink in my eyes!! Thank you lovely! x

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top