Change

This week has been an absolute whirlwind, I have barely had time to catch my breath.
2012 seems to be a year of huge changes.
I've never been too good with change so I'm finding it slightly difficult to cope but I am trying hard, I've felt so blessed this year, it has been unbelievable! 
In my last post I was feeling sorry for myself, my job was coming to an end and I had nothing to look forward to except weeks/months of unemployment.

In the space of 24 hours that all changed,
to cut a long story short, I am on my way to getting a full time job and I am now back on radio with my own show!
I'm not going to lie, I am scared shitless...the responsibility is HUGE, I have contemplated just giving it all up on various occasions but that would be way too easy.

So I am just taking each day as it comes in life.

This week I felt as though I had taken a few steps back with my life by engaging with people who are not good for me spiritually or mentally but God always has your lessons lined up for you, I've learnt, and I now know that I must close the door on them and look forward.

I'm excited and nervous and scared all at the same time about everything, lol, but I know I am blessed so I can't go wrong.

One of my friends posted this quote by Lao Tzu on Instagram which I thought was quite fitting:

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present."
I totally agree!

In other news if you are a regular reader of DOS you would have noticed the change to my layout which was done by the gorgeous Gillian of Elevator Musik.

I'm absolutely loving it, it makes my blog an easier read, that paired with my new cam means that posts will be a lil bit more effective visually.

You will also see that I am creating more beauty based posts, this blog was not intentionally made for beauty but it is something that I am beginning to develop an interest in and it feels comfortable to me so please stay tuned for more beauty posts! 
Anything you want to suggest that I review or try out please feel free to leave a comment below or email me: 

I have some posts coming up on new buys and hopefully another video! 
I am now on YouTube, you can find my channel HERE
In the mean time I wanted to show a sneak peek of my new buys!
This gorgeous head chain and M.A.C Runaway Red Lipstick! 
(The nose ring is fake, mama would kill me if it was real!!!)

Can we also all take a moment to just droool over the amazingness of Solange's new song, the video, the fashion, the song, her dancing, EVERYTHING IS GIVING ME LIFE!!!
It's been on repeat for literally EVER today!!!
Before I sign off for another post,  I wanted to say thank you and hello to new subbies and old and thanks to every one who has commented! I read everyone and respond to them all. Your support and interaction means a lot to me! :) xxx

18 comments

  1. Can't wait to see the head chain post. Can you show how you would wear it too! I've wanted to buy one for a while, but not sure how to do it without it looking too over the top.
    Great blog, can't believe I've only just found it!
    Erica xo

    www.sushiturtlesandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Will get on that post for you! Glad you like my blog! Means a lot! :) x

      Delete
  2. congrats on the job! you look amazing, I really like the head-chain.
    I totally get what you mean, my blog started out as a fashion blog but by the looks of it its mainly beauty....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! Yeah it's about what you feel most comfortable writing about isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the new job. Sometimes life really does test us but Aslong as we believe good things always happen.
    Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new job. I really agree with the quote you mentioned. I suffer from depression and I admit, most of my thoughts are derived from my past, therefore I presume my future has a bleak outlook. I need to start living for the future and the present. My blog is my outlet to express myself and I don't know where i would be without it.

    Lovely post! Following :)

    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that quote sums it up perfectly, I find myself consciously anxious as I am always looking into the future. Hopefully we can use this quote to help make life easier for us! Thank you for subbing, reading and commenting Miss Vanity! :) x

      Delete
  5. aaaww congrats on your new radio job sounds awesome & You Look gorgeous <3 xx

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful!
    I love the pop of colour on your lips!
    xo.
    www.fromhatstoheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this song it is so catchy. I'm glad you have got a full time job now :)

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look gorge! I really want to get my nose pierced but want a fake 1 first to see wat it looks like where did you get yours from plz it looks so real!!! (i find some of them look a bit weird)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi! I got the nose ring from eBay, they have so many on there! Just a case of having a look to see which one you like!

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top