Fashion Fair Oil Free Perfect Finish Souffle

Click To Enlarge
Hey Beauties!
This review has been a long time coming but due to a broken camera, a misplaced USB cable and a lack of sunlight this has taken longer than normal.
Nevermind, it's here now.

I decided to pick up this foundation after seeing how flawless DestinyGodley looked wearing it.
I took myself to Debenhams and was quickly matched up to the shade 'Tender.'

The Fashion Fair website describes Perfect Finish Souffle as the following:

'skin perfecting, full coverage cream foundation. Absorbs oil for a stay-true-powder-soft finish. Covers and conceals imperfections for flawless even-tone skin.'

Application

This foundation comes in a simple glass jar, no spatula, no nothing. 
So application is essentially down to you.
I dab my finger lightly into the foundation, as a little goes a long way with this product, and apply what transfers onto my face, I do this several times until I feel I have covered enough ground (or in this case, face.)
I then go in with a stippling brush and blend in circular motions.
Now, this foundation is FAST DRYING and thick but the addition of primer helps to blend this out a bit better.

My Thoughts

Let's get straight to the point here.
I am not loving this foundation. I am not even sure if I am liking it.
It is hard to blend and I am almost certain I have been matched to the wrong shade. (You can see how light it is via the picture with flash above.)
I find Tender dull looking on my skin so I've taken to mixing it with my GOSH BB Cream in Espresso. 
This bring a bit more life to it.  
For the case of this review I have skipped out mixing the foundation with the BB cream so that you can see its true colour.

As you can see from my bare face (eeeeek!) and my made up face, coverage is amazing! 
This product CANNOT be faulted on that!
My blemishes are covered with one layer and this is without the addition of concealer or powder!

Perfect Finish is an oil free foundation, which I figured was another plus as I have combination (mostly oily) skin.
However, I found after 20 minutes or so I had shine on my T-Zone even with powder. 

All in all this product just sits wrong with me.
It's heavy duty which is something I'm not entirely used to and this may be why I am not a fan.
I can feel it on my face and it does not feel too comfortable.
I may love this more if I applied with a damp beauty blender instead of a simple stipple brush, which I may try.

For those of you who love full coverage foundation this may be for you however I suggest applying with a beauty blender and finishing off with a setting spray to give a less cakey look.

Where To Buy

Fashion Fair Oil Free Perfect Finish Souffle Make-Up can be purchased from Debenhams in the UK for £22.00 HERE

If you live in the US you can purchase Perfect Finish Souffle directly from the Fashion Fair website HERE

Has anyone else tried this and loved it?
What full coverage foundation do you use?

10 comments

  1. try mixing it with a moisturizer and applying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been mixing it with my bb cream but I don't want to make it too oily! it's so difficult!

      Delete
  2. The coverage is great, such a shame you weren't a fan of it though!

    Lola | LolaStarHearts.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I convinced myself that I was going to love this but it just didn't happen! x

      Delete
  3. oh my, i was going to buy this today, i walked away because i just wasn't convinced! Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not too convinced on this one but it may just be me! Glad you liked the review Anna! :)

      Delete
  4. Yea I was considering buying the Souffle next week but i'm not a fan on having to do extra work just to blend in a product lol. I think i'll stick to the Creme to Powder from FF...I'm more into liquid but I do like the finish of the Creme to Powder lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used it since and the coverage really is amazing, not one for oily skins and best applied lightly with a beauty blender, but yes, a lot of work needs to be done to it first.

      Delete
  5. I use it as a concealer in my eye area and the rest of my face Chanel foundation or the Urban Decay Foundation. It is Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might start using this as a concealer too, what a fab idea! x

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top