ELF Mineral Moisturising Lip Tints

Besides lipstick lip balms are another important focus in my life, not only do they moisturise my lips but nowadays a lot of them come with subtle tints allowing you to pop on a bit of colour for work without going overboard.

I've always longed to wear colour on my lips to work but as someone who works in a small formal office this can sometimes be difficult.

So when ELF gave me the opportunity to trial out their Mineral Moisturising Lip Tint* I knew I was one step closer to my aim! 

What They Say


ELF describe their liptints as the following:

'...super emollient, lip quenching colour...This just-bitten tint of colour provides immediate soothing relief to irritated chapped lips while also diminishing the appearance of fine line and wrinkles around the lip area.'

The lip tints currently come in 8 shades (UK site) ranging from rose pinks to a subtle nude brown.

When I received the products I have to admit I didn't have the highest hopes for them, this was mainly down to the packaging.
They say don't judge a book by it's cover but alas I could not help myself.
I quickly threw the plain white uninteresting box to the side after I had made my way to the goodies it contained.

Application


Very simple here, just twist and apply!
No time wasted!

I chose the colours Berry and Cinnamon.

Berry I applied straight onto the lip however as Cinnamon is more of a pink toned brown I had to apply a brown lip liner to make it look more natural and less ashy.

My Thoughts


I honestly did not think I would like these as much as I do! 

I am really surprised!

Essentially this products is a perfect and inexpensive way of achieving an easy nude lip or the most natural flush of colour.

Firstly these babies glllllliiiiiddddde onto your lips with no effort, they are super emollient meaning dry lips are instantly nourished!
Great for someone with a lip mass like myself but what I really really loved was the colour these products gave.

Turns out Cinnamon makes for a fab nude lip for my skin tone and Berry gives  me the 'bitten' flush of colour look.

These little nourishing sticks of joy are fab for everyday use (work too) to add a lil something extra whilst also acting as moisturiser central with the addition of Jojoba, Coconut, Shea butter, Vitamin E and a small but appreciated SPF of 8.

The only thing I would definitely say it did not hold up on was filling in fine lines and wrinkles around the lip area, this isn't a primer but as it is so creamy I can see why this claim was added. 

The texture of this may also put off those of you who do not like overly creamy products, this is a bit 'slidey' but this can be forgiven especially when it tastes so good (I'm ashamed to say I may have licked off the first swatch, le sigh)
Top Left - Berry/ Bottom Right - Cinnamon

Where To Buy


The Moisturising Lip Tints retail for £3.50 and can be purchased from the UK ELF site HERE

If you live in the US you can purchase the Lip Tints for $3.00 from the ELF site HERE

What do you think of the lip tints?
Have you tried them before?
Let me know in the comments!



4 comments

  1. They look so beautiful on you! And your lips are amazing!

    Ruby Duchess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! I really like these lil things! :) x

      Delete
  2. Great review. I had never given these much thought but I will after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I definitely recommend them!

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top