Illamasqua Excite Blush and Succubus Intense Lipgloss

Illamasqua Excite Blush and Succubus Intense Lipgloss
I am a genuine newbie to Illamasqua. 
The only other Illamasqua product I own is their Skin Base in 15 which is a great full coverage foundation, so I figured it was time for me to add to my make up collection.

I had been lusting over their Excite Powder Blusher (rrp £18.00) since seeing a haul from Henrietta, it is the perfect bright Orange matte blush for my skin tone and for many brown skinned beauties!

At first glance Excite is bright and does look a little intimidating but my word is it soft!
The swatch below was made with the utmost ease; as you can see the shade is super pigmented but it blends well.
I've found the best way to apply this blush is with a very, very light hand due to it's intense pigmentation.
Illamasqua Excite Blush
I also decided to pick up an Intense Lipgloss in the shade Succubus (rrp £14.50) as you guys know how much I lurrrrve me some red! 

Succubus is a gorgeous shade, a bright and vivid red that is slightly blue toned.
The pigmentation of this lipgloss is what impressed me the most. I'm not used to heavily pigmented lipglosses so I was surprised when I applied this on its own to my lips.
It covered well enough for me to use without any additions in the way of lipstick or lip liner.
The texture of this lipgloss is also amazing, no stickiness AT ALL which is always an important factor for me, I like my lip products to be comfortable.

Succubus comes with a brush applicator which I'm ok with; to be perfectly honest, doe foot applicators or brush applicators are never really a problem for me, I like them both.
Illamasqua Excite Blush and Succubus Intense Lipgloss
As you can see Excite is the perfect blush, although it looks stark in my previous swatches, once applied it adds a natural warmth to my cheeks which I love! If you are a woman of colour Orange/Terracotta blushes are the way to go if you're looking for a natural glow to the cheeks. 

Succubus is just lovely, super easy to apply and soft on the lips, you can wear this on it's own or on top of your fav red lipstick, I've found this goes so well with vampy reds such as MAC's Diva.

I'm seriously impressed with these products and will definitely be adding more Illamasqua gems to my collection in the near future!

If you're an Illamasqua newbie like myself make sure you check out their website for a full range of their products as well as super helpful moving swatches - just click HERE

Do you have any Illamasqua products?
Which ones would you recommend?


7 comments

  1. I LOVE IT! The products look so pigmented!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love, these products are fab, especially their pigmentation!

      Delete
  2. I really want their ESP lipstick. It's the most perfect shade of purple! And you're making want that lipgloss! Lol.

    Courtney from Two Looks, One London | A Beauty & Fashion Blog .x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ESP looks so nice but the reviews have put me off apparently it's really drying and difficult to apply :( but def get their lipglosses its fantastic and sooo comfortable!

      Delete
  3. Hey Natalie!
    Saw your tweet on the #bbloggers tag and had to have a peek! Love your blog!
    these 2 colours look gorgeous!

    Lucie // Fatbeautyx // My latest post ( Cocoa Brown 1hr Tan Mousse* Review ) // Vote for me in the #UKBA14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks so much for checking out the blog Lucie, its very much appreciated! Thank you! :) x

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top