Red She Said Challenge

Whilst having my daily Tumblr browse I came across the most stunning picture of the model Eugena Washington looking absolutely breathtaking.
Now, Eugena is gorgeous regardless but what made her stand out more was her make up.
Just took my breathe away!
The make up in my opinion is just gorgeous.
The highlighting and contouring is evident but not stark which is something that really helps to accentuate Eugena's gorgeous facial features.
I also love how natural this looks, with a gorgeous berry red lip. There's nothing I do not like about this look. 
The MUA Eloy Guerra did a fantastic job here!

After posting this picture literally everywhere Jessica of Look What I Got suggested that we do our own version of this look, so away I went to see if I could recreate this gorgeous work of art.

Now, unsurprisingly, this task was harder than I thought it would be, highlighting and contouring is something that takes a lot practice, especially when you need to make it look natural.

At first I tried to recreate the exact same thing in the picture above but this didn't work out too well, my highlighting looked BEYOND ashy and I just couldn't get my contour to work, so I removed most of the under eye highlight and opted for something a bit more subtle.
In the end it came out ok, I was a bit bummed that I couldn't incorporate the highlighting more but practice makes perfect!
The thing I loved most about this look was the eyes, subtle and shimmery with soft brown liner to create a subtle cat eye.
The lip was also super fun to recreate, it took a lot of different reds to come up with this look as I didn't have a colour deep enough to match the original.

All in all this was a fun challenge and may be one I'll bring to the blog more often!

You wanna know what I used?
Look below! ;)

FACE

Graftobian Hi-Def Colour Palette in Warm 3 (Ginger for Base, Femme Fatale for highlight, Sienna for Contour)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC45
MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC50
MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Peach Lustre 
Wet N Wild Vanity Palette (Matte Brown for contour)
ELF High Definition Powder in Corrective Yellow
Daniel Sandler On The Loose Powder in 15

EYES

Inglot Eyeshadow in 406
Generic Brown Pencil
Wet N Wild Vanity Palette (Matte Brown)
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

LIPS

Barry M Lip Liner in Plum No.11
All the reds lipsticks I own basically (I used several including MAC R.E.D, Wet N Wild's Spotlight Red and Paris from the Sleek Lip 4 Tease palette)
NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Absolute Red
Sleek Pout Paint in Mink
Bellepierre Shimmer Powder in Celebration
Hard Candy Plexi Gloss


8 comments

  1. really love this!

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! We should do this more often!

      Delete
  2. Love the models lip colour! You did a great job of recreating the look, especially the eyes. Gorgeous.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous colour, was so gutted that I couldn't recreate the exact colour, the perfect berry red! Thank you Megan Leigh! x

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top