Nudestix

I've never been good at make up on the go, I like to take my time and really perfect my makeup which is one of the many reasons why my friends expect me to be late when we arrange to meet up so when I heard about Nudestix I figure they would be my saving grace.
I mean make up in pencil form with no brushes needed??! Genius!

I was kindly sent 4 Nudestix products* to utilise and test to see if these could really replace my lengthy make up routine.

Nudestix holds 5 primary products:
Concealer Pen, Magnetic Eye Colour, Eye Pencil and Lip + Cheek Pencil and a Mascara.
In the above I opted for Deep 8 in the Concealer Pen (the darkest shade,) Angel in the Magnetic Eye Colorr, Smoke in the Eye Pencil and Sin in the Lip + Cheek Pencil.

On first inspection I was super impressed, the sleek packaging oozes of modern luxury, an embossed black tin case with a mirror in the lid. Probably one of the most impressive pencil cases I will ever see in my life! Inside each case is the pencil it contains as well as a helpful leaflet (with application advice as well as reviews from Nudestix creators and sisters Ally and Taylor) and a sharpener (winning!)
Impressive as the packaging was I was more excited about the products inside!
Upon swatching I knew these products were serious about their claim to help create a simple but fresh faced nude look.
All pencils were creamy, a dream to swatch and highly pigmented, oooh guys I was excited, but we don't wear make up on our hands, do we?
So now for the real test!
A day and a night look with these 4 pencils!
Here is my mug, totally make up free (besides brows, I need to visit my brow lady), as you can see I have blemishes and an uneven skin tone.  This isn't something that gets me down and I'm quite happy to leave my house with this face.

For my day look I went in firstly with the Concealer Pencil in Deep 8 to mute out most of my blemishes.

Application of the Concealer Pencil was quite simple and this pencil was almost a winner for me, to apply the product was a simple as A.B.C and it blended out beautifully! 
So why almost Natalie? 

It wasn't a perfect colour match (booo!) as per usual with deeper foundations the majority of brands go for women with red undertones meaning women of colour with yellow undertones go a miss.
This essentially meant the Concealer Pencil made me look like I had a tan. 
If you're around a NW45 in MAC Deep 8 will be PERFECT for you!

Next I went in with the Magnetic Eye Pencil in Angel. This slightly pinkish champagne colour is perfect for the day as it isn't overtly in your face yet it is designed to last all day especially for those of us (including me) who have oily lids.

I have to be honest and say out of all the pencils, this is the one I did not get along with at all!
They were not kidding about the Magnetic part of this pencil, the colour dries almost INSTANTLY making blending near impossible, when I tried to apply a bit more product  to help blend it out it turned very patchy. 
A bit disappointing.
Afterwards I went in with the Lip + Cheek Pencil which was my favourite out of the 4!
So easy to apply onto the cheeks and blend leaving me with a really fresh tint, I also applied a few dabs of this onto my lips as a stain. 
It sat beautifully and did not feel heavy on my lips or skin. 
Next the night look!
Now when I say night I wouldn't exactly wear this clubbing, (I prefer a full coverage look for those sort of nights) but for a quick drink after work with friends, sure!

This time I went in with the Eye Pencil in Smoke and applied this heavily all over the lids. Smoke blended out great, with no hassle or patchiness, however I found, for maximum colour pay off, you need to let one layer of colour "cook" for a minute or two before adding another, otherwise you end up removing the first application.

I added a bit of black eyeliner to really smoke out my outer corner then blended this into Smoke with the sponge tip on the other side of the pencil.

I then added Smoke to my lower lash line and blended that out too.
As you can see I went a lil OTT with the Lip + Cheek Pencil (my bad) but you can really see how pigmented this baby is, especially against my skin tone.

Next I added a bit more of the Magnetic Eye Pencil as a highlight, under my brows (it clung to stray hairs, not a good look) the tops of my cheeks, inner corner of my eyes and down the bridge of my nose.
I then added a heavier coat of the Lip + Cheek Pencil on my lips and topped it off with some gloss.
All in all two looks with 4 pencils is beyond impressive!

I can honestly say that it lived up to it's claim by helping me achieve the nude fresh faced look. 

Nothing was OTT in terms of colour or coverage.

The Run Down

The Concealer Pen is the PERFECT product for those of you with few blemishes and an even skin tone, meaning you can just touch up when you need to. For more blemished skin you'll have to go in and use this as a foundation which I did for the night look, the finish remained natural and the product did not feel heavy. It's also important to note that although 8 shades is not a lot at least one or two of these shades can be used by women of colour which is a thumbs up in my books!

The Eye Pencil was easy to work with and easy to blend for an express smokey eye, I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed by the colour but that neither here nor there, I can't really fault this at all!

The Magnetic Eye Pencil did not sit well with me unfortunately. It dried too quickly making application difficult. The product was patchy and it was hard to disguise the patchiness.

The Lip + Cheek Pencil was my favourite, I would recommend this highly! Creamy but sturdy enough to apply on the face as well as lips. The shade Sin was fantastic for my skin tone as well. 

If I'm being 100% honest I didn't think it was possible to place a full make up look into 4 pencils but it is possible and I am impressed!

Pencil makeup may just be the way forward!
To pick up your Nudestix you can head to Cult Beauty where you can find:


Natalie x



3 comments

  1. I really like the concept of the company, quick and easy, all-in-one kinda deal. You look beautiful in the pictures! Might have to give this a try x

    elín x | www.elinlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good idea! The concept is great! Thanks Elin and thanks for reading! :) x

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top