LimeCrime Red Velvet

Limecrime Velvetines Red Velvet

Ladies and gentlefolk welcome to my blog post about my new favourite red lippie.

It is no secret that I am a big fan of all things lipstick, especially red lipstick so when I came across a picture of Lime Crime's Velvetines in Red Velvet on Instagram I fell in love INSTANTLY.

Lime Crime itself is a unique American based vegan and cruelty free brand, founded by Doe Deere, the brand creates...
' a unique blend of innovative beauty products and fantasy presentation. Ranging from opaque lipsticks to eyeliners and eyeshadows, Lime Crime is a known trend-setter of the makeup world."
Lime Crime is a brand that isn't afraid to be different and their new Velvetines prove this.

Their Velvetines come in two colours: 
Red Velvet
and 
Suedeberry 
and are described as the following:
'Long-lasting waterproof liquid lipstick that goes on with the ease of gloss and dries completely matte.'

The description sums up the product perfectly really!


Application

Application was a bit messy, this was due to the fact that the product is a liquid which comes with a doe foot applicator. 
I think maybe a brush would have been more ideal but it wasn't too much of a big deal breaker...nothing that concealer couldn't fix.

I didn't apply any lipliner, instead I went straight in with the product, applying a first layer and letting that dry.
Coverage was superb with one coat however I went in with another, well...just because!

Drying is a bit odd, maybe because I'm used to matte products drying super fast, however with the Velvetines expect to wait a little bit longer than usual. Around maybe half a minute to a minute.

Once it dried I tidied up the edges with some concealer. 
Simples.

My Thoughts

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!
Why?
For various reasons, but mostly because of the colour pay off.
I liken it to Ruby Woo on crack!
Very bright and vivid but long lasting and the soft non-drying matte finish just makes this product a winner.
Perfect for the classic red lip for a vintage, siren look.
It works perfect on my skin tone and I am more than sure that it would also look amazing on paler skin tones but if you are unsure and you own
 Ruby Woo then this will work for you!
I definitely recommend this product!
I think I will be purchasing more products from Lime Crime from now on, I love the idea of their daring lip colours and eyeliners.

Where To Buy

If you live in the US you can purchase Lime Crime products directly for their site HERE
The Velvetines retail for $16.99

I purchased my Lime Crime Velvetines from Love Makeup.com HERE.
 At current they only stock the Red Velvet Velvetine which retails for £11.50.
I also received a free sample pot of Lime Crime's Eyeshadow Helper too!
Result!

What do you think about the Velvetines?

Have you tried any Lime Crime products?

Would you recommend? 

Let me know!


20 comments

  1. This is so gorgeous, the colour looks beautiful on you! I'd love to try it out some day. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It is a gorgeous colour that works well on so many skin tones! x

      Delete
  2. I love love, u look adorable wi it :D

    http://ycfonlinedirectory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. was it at all drying? sometimes i find that these liquid to matte products make my lips all cracked-looking..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! I can't deal with anything that will make my lips looked cracked as well and this doesn't do that. It dries to a nice soft matte, a different matte to Ruby Woo! Hope this helped!

      Delete
  4. That looks uh-mazing. I might have to copy you and buy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! It's great! I've seen you rock Ruby Woo so I know you'd lovee this!!! xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It really is, they describe it as a rose petal red which is so accurate!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Exactly what I thought when I first saw this!

      Delete
  7. Damn now I need to purchase this, but I have no monies

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God Xmas is on the way! Maybe you can request it as a stocking filler?

      Delete
  8. This lippy looks great on ya ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Ruby Woo on crack indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looooove this stuff! Really looks good on skin complexions like ours! You look amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I envy!I live in Japan, I was thinking about buying and want to use in my wedding, I'm not sold anywhere.There is not likely to be found by April. How sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for it too but it is sold out EVERYWHERE which is a pain! Ruby Woo is the same colour if you desperately want that red! x

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top