The Festive Look


At Christmas you have to go a lil bit 'all out' and get your 'fabulous' on!
You should also have a make up look to accompany those glad rags and this is mine.
The classic siren look with a twist.

The focus being the eyes and the lips without one overpowering the other.

How To Achieve This Look


For a flawless base make sure you apply primer, as the siren look is more about the eyes and lips we want to keep the face flawless and away from shine! 
 Use a mattifying primer such as Laura Mercier's Oil Free Foundation Primer.

Then move onto foundation, once again we want to reinforce the matte appearance so use a foundation such as MAC Matchmaster which is matte and adapts to the skin's natural tone. In this look I used shade 7.5. Conceal any imperfections with your favourite concealer.
I used MAC Studio Finish Concealer in shade NC50.

Next, I applied a base colour on my lid. 
This colour should be the same colour as your skin tone, we do not want an overpowering colour, just something to create a more flawless base. 
In this case I used my MAC Mineralise Skin Finish in Deep Dark as this is a perfect colour to mimic my skin tone.

To create some definition to the eye and to create an uber subtle smokey eye I applied a dark brown eyeshadow to the outer corner of my crease and blended well.

Once I was happy with that I went in my a black gel eyeliner and lined my top lid. 
You can use Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink. 
A stiff eyeliner brush will aid greatly in creating the PERFECT flick, however if you are not too great at this have some cotton buds and make up remover near by to clear up any mistakes!

Line the outer corner of your bottom lid with a brown eyeliner pencil to enhance the subtle smokey look. MAC Kohl Eyeliner in Teddy is perfect for this! 
Use a pencil brush to smoke it out a little bit. 

Add mascara, my current FAAAVVV is Lancome's Hynose Doll Eyes and then add your favourite flirty lashes and viola! 
Eyes complete! 
Simple right?!?

Now lips! 
You can go with a classic red lip but yawn!! 
Where's the fun in that?!

Let's go ombre!

Take a dark plum lip liner such as MAC's Night Moth or Vino and line your lips, focussing mostly on the outer corners of your mouth.
Then apply your lipstick and blend
I used MAC's Lipstick in Runaway Red but you can use Diva or M.A.C Red.
For an added pop, dab pink lipstick onto the center of your lips!

Once satisfied, tidy up neatly with your concealer and set your make up with your favourite finishing powder.

And there you have it! 
A simple but effective festive look perfect for all skin tones!

What do you think? 
Will you be trying this out for your xmas parties?
What would you substitute?



15 comments

  1. Lovely post! Great tips too, love Bobbi Brown eyeliner:)

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red lip just makes the look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was my favourite part of this look!!

      Delete
  3. Love this look it really suitss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rally like this look on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I may rock it more frequently!!

      Delete
  5. Which lip pencil did you use: vino or nightmoth? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this look I actually used a Barry M lip liner in 11! x

      Delete
  6. I'm going to try this look! I'm trying to get into lip liners, and this is a subtle look that I think I can pull off! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Subtle but not too time consuming! Let me know how it goes!

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top