The Good Life

On My Eyes - Make Up Geek Eyeshadow in Envy
I am happy.
It's not very often I can say this but I am happy!
I haven't won the lottery, I am not in love, I haven't even grown taller (shrunk if anything) but I am happy!

I remember back to when I was in university last year and I was miserable, just a mess! I was away from my friends, my family, I had no job, no goals and I was poooooor.

Now?
It's amazing how God can just turn your life around! 
I have so much to be thankful for! I have regained my confidence and now I feel more like Natalie, more like ME and only me.
I have set myself standards, I have not been afraid to make rules, say no or wear what I want to wear.

I think I owe a lot of this to blogging, whereas it is true that blogging has become more of a dog eat dog/it's all business world it is a liberating hobby for those of us who still use their blogs to showcase what they love. 

I've seen DOS and myself grow and to be honest, it's been pretty awesome!
Don't get me wrong there have been some extremely crappy times during this period...I 've met some people who I no longer talk to, I've felt lonely, I've felt ugly, I've felt low but it was all temporary. 
In those moments I had to take time out to pray and ask God to show me the lesson (quickly, mind you) that I was being taught so that I could see that I needed to go through what I was going through.

So why am I making this post?

I dunno, part of me just felt like typing and I guess another part of me wanted to show those of you who are worried about maybe being a bit more personal on a beauty blog, or those of you who are worried about commentors and subbies that that is not what blogging is always about, yeah the comments are amazing, I do love those too, but blogging can be personal too.
It IS about so much more!!
I look at my first ever post on DOS and I can see how I have grown, come out of my shell and ultimately...wait for it...Discovered My Self! 

I know I say this a lot but I am very grateful for all those who have subbed and commented. I do not see you as subbies but as those of you who have been interested in my journey, I've got to know a lot of you, learnt so much and discovered so many new things especially through the amazing F.B.L Chats (Tuesdays at 8pm on Twitter #FBLCHAT, shameless plug!)

I hope this great spell goes on, there is so much in life to look forward to (let's pray a good British summer time is one of them) and so many plans to be made! I feel blessed to be given the opportunity to take full advantage of them!

I hope you guys stay tuned to DOS even if you just have a look in every so often, who knows, the next post just might be a FANTABOLOUS giveaway, hint, hint!


8 comments

  1. im so happy for you darling, sounds like youve had an amazing journey. cant wait to see how you grow even more :)

    much love from NYC

    http://dryycleanonly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so you Manobeina! This means a lot! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love, love, LOVING the positivity! Oh and your hair looks incredible. I am a fairly new reader but I really really enjoy your blog. Keep up the good work!!

    Liv x

    www.twentiesfemalebristol.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liv! It's been great having you as a reader my love! And thanks my hair is just curled using a Babyliss curling wand! :) x

      Delete
  3. Awwww I'm happy for you babe! I love seeing people just shine with brightness and positivity but keep it up! God never forsakes us :)

    in-my-sundaybest.blogspot.co.uk

    XOXO Sade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sade! I will keep it up! With readers like yourself how can I not!? :) xx

      Delete
  4. Good for you Nat. Glad to hear that you are happy. I hope you keep going strong.
    Michaela xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top