Favourite Beauty Products Of 2014 Pt 2 || Lips, Skin Care & Ones To Watch

Let's get into Part 2 of my Favourite Beauty Products of 2014 which includes Lips, Skin Care and Ones To Watch in 2015.

If you missed Part 1 you can find it by clicking HERE.



LIPS

MAC Lip Mix in Crimson (not pictured) & Deep Tone Nude
My favourite lip products from MAC to date, the Lip Mix's have a creamy but light texture with maximum pigmentation and a matte finish. I have Crimson and Deep Tone Nude, two shades I absolutely adore and the best thing is they retail cheaper than MAC's lipsticks.
To see Crimson in action click HERE.

Custom Inglot Lipstick Palette
Ingot never fail to amaze me, their colour range renders me speechless at times, not to mention the affordability of their products as well as their quality.
I picked up this lip palette which I have been absolutely loving. The shades are pigmented, moisturising and lightweight

Makeup Revolution Salvation Lip Laquers in Black Heart  & Velvet Vamp
With the return of the vamp lip these two lip products were most definitely a pleasant surprise when I discovered them. The formula is creamy, long lasting, ultra pigmented, comfortable to wear and in the most gorgeous of vamp shades. Velvet Vamp leans more on the deep purple side whist Black Heart is more of a blackened purple. Both stunning and ultra affordable! 
You can see me wearing Velvet Vamp HERE.

LA Girl Glazed Lip Paints
Ultra pigmented non sticky gloss, yes please!
The shades I have are gorgeous and they work so well against my skin tone and I love that they are non sticky, sticky lip glosses are my pet hate. 
To see swatches and my review click HERE.

MAC Nightmoth Lip Pencil
You would not believe how many times I've used this pencil as a liner for different lipsticks, nudes, reds, burgundy's and purples. This pencil is beautiful blackened berry that works so well on EVERY skin tone and helps to really create an ombre lip. The creamy and pigmented consistency of Nightmoth makes me want to run out and buy more MAC lip pencils.
To see my brief review click HERE and to see me wearing Nightmoth click HERE.

Tom Ford Lipstick in Deep Mink
One of my most expensive purchases of the year but well worth it!
Deep Mink is the PERFECT nude for me, the right amount of brown and pink to create an easy nude lip for any look. The formula itself is moisturising and pigmented, not to mention a Tom Ford!
To see my review of Deep Mink click HERE and to see it in action click HERE.

OCC Lip Tar in Marion
I went nude cray in 2014 and OCC's Marion Lip Tar is probably one of my favourite nudes, more on the peachy side but still with that much needed amount of brown, this looks gorgeous on deeper skin tones.
I such a big fan of the OCC Lip Tars anyway but I think Marion may be my favourite out of the ones I own.
You can see me wearing Marion HERE.

MAC Lipsticks in Heroine & Flat Out Fabulous
I was so glad I picked these up! 
Initially I only wanted Heroine but Flat Out Fabulous was also recommended to me so I picked these up as a birthday present to myself!
These two shades are so unique and in my favourite matte finishes, yes FOF is a lil drying but I can live with that in return for such a gorgeous shade.
To see my review of the two click HERE and to see them in action click HERE.

Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Teddy Bare
Another perfect affordable nude for deeper skin tones, this shade is gorgeous and the Color Statement lipsticks have a comfortable formula too.
To see me wearing Teddy Bare click HERE and to see Teddy Bare in action click HERE.

Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick in Buff
One of the most unique nude lipsticks I have ever come across, I'm so happy I picked this up!
Buff is a grey toned brown lipstick that works so well on deeper skin tones, yes it looks scary in the bullet but once applied with a good lip liner, you are winning! The formulation of the Glamore lipsticks makes these babies worth the price, you get maximum pigmentation and moisturisation in one swipe. 
To see my review of the Glamore lipsticks click HERE and to see Buff in action click HERE.

Fashion Fair Lipsticks in Catfight, Posh & Moroccan Spice
One of my new additions but I had to include these lipstick in my 2014 Beauty Favs.
These lipsticks surprised me with their pigmentation, longevity and how lightweight they feel.
Catfight is a stunning true red, Posh is a PERFECT nude for WoC and Moroccan Spice is my new (and only) orange toned red. I also love how moisturising these feel on the lips. 
As you can sense I have a trend for what I love in lipsticks and these tick all the right boxes for me!
To see my review of the Fashion Fair lipsticks click HERE.

SKIN CARE

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater
I bought this spray after hearing many good reviews of it on YouTube and after running out of my other setting sprays. Whilst this is not a setting spray it has really helped me with my skin care routine and make up routine. I use this spray to rid myself of an over powered face when applying make up, I use it re-freshen my face when it feels hot and irritated, when I need extra moisture I use this before going in with my moisturiser, I've even used this as a hair mist! I've gained so much use out of this and the smell?! So fresh! I love products I can get a lot of use out of and this spray by Mario Badescu is definitely one that fits the bill for me!

La Roche-Posay Serozinc
A relatively new product which I'm sure most of you have heard about on YouTube. 
Serozinc is La Roche-Posay's latest arrival, a toner/spritz suited to oily, acne prone skin. 
As I have oily/combination skin this has been a God send to me,
The mist is fine and light and kind to my skin, I have found by combining this with Effaclar Duo + my skin has improved greatly, my oiliness has toned down and spots have been minimal. I'm very impressed! 

Neal's Yard Remedies Orange Flower Facial Oil 
Whilst I do have oily/combination skin I find that at times my skin dries out during the winter, this means I have to really change up my skin care regime. Last year I repurchased an old time favourite of mine which is this dry oil from Neal's Yard Remedies.
This oil sinks into the skin leaving your skin feeling plump, moisturised but not greasy, plus it smells AMAZING!
To see my review of the NYR Orange Flower Facial Oil click HERE.

Steam Cream
Where do I start with Steam Cream?
This cream is one of my favourite creams to date! 
The consistency is perfect, lightweight but incredibly moisturising, for this reason I use it most days as my face cream.
This is my third tub and I know I will buy a fourth!
Steam Cream you can have my love and my money damnit!

Yes To Grapefruit Facial Wipes
I can say I've never had much interest in facial wipes, I normally just get the cheapest and use them to remove my makeup but one day I decided to try this babies out and I've been in love ever since!
These wipes cleanse and tone without making my face feel tight.
It takes away excess oiliness and leaves my face looking refreshed and feeling great, I would definitely recommend this to those of you with oily skin.

ONES TO WATCH IN 2015

ColourPop Cosmetics Lippie Stix and Super Shock Shadows
I'm sure everyone and their mother has heard of ColourPop by now and if you haven't just check YouTube, these pigmented products retails for $5 each which is UNBELIEVABLE for the quality and pigmentation.
The Super Shock Shadows are unlike anything I've ever experienced texture and colour wise and their Lippie Stix are pigmented beyond belief whilst also being so comfortable to wear!
Unfortunately ColourPop do not yet ship internationally but if you have an awesome friend who lives in the US, maybe if you ask nicely you can get them to send your order to you, it's slightly long winded but DEFINITELY worth it.
To see me wearing one of the Lippie Stix (Pitch) click HERE.

Essie Nail Varnishes
Essie isn't new I know but I've only started wearing their varnishes in 2014 and I'm so impressed.
The drying time is minimal which is what I NEED in nail varnishes (I'm a world class smudger) and the colour range is amazing.
 In one swipe you get an opaque nail colour which lasts longer than your average.
I will definitely be delving into the Essie nail varnish range a lot more in 2015.

Ardell Demi Wispies
I can now put on falsies! It only took me nearly all my life!
As I'm getting used to them I thought it would be best to start off with the natural lash that everybody swears by.
The Demi Wispies are perfect for pepping up the most natural of looks.
They are very comfortable to wear and actually relatively easy to apply.
I will definitely be getting a few more pairs of these!
To see the Demi Wispies in action click HERE.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 077 Asia
A great high street buy! 
A warm toned nude for WoC, not too pale and leaning more on the brown/peach side this is a no fuss nude great for work and everyday wear and of course moisturising too!

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 740 Coffee Craze
Another impressive high street nude which is perfect for WoC.
Coffee Craze leans more on the pale brown side of nudes and whilst it isn't the most pigmented lipstick I have it works well to give you the most gorgeous nude lip when paired with a brown lip liner. 
To see Coffee Craze in action click HERE.

Fashion Fair Perfect Finish Illuminating Powder in Air
A stunning highlighter that illuminates the skin in the most subtle of ways. This can be used on the usual highlight areas, as a brow bone highlighter or as an inner eye highlight.
The white gold shade blends into a warming gold that looks stunning on cheeks!

MAC Lipglass in Spite & Spice
Two products that should have been in my collection years back, it seems as though these shades were made for me! Spite is a stunning mauve whilst Spice is a brown toned pink, both PERFECT for the nude lip lover!
These lipglasses are also non sticky but pigmented which are pluses for me.
I love them!

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Topaz
The most buttery of highlighters, Topaz is a lil pricey but the finish is worth it! 
Damn, BECCA know how to create winning products! The deep bronze shade works so well on my skin tone giving a glow to the skin and avoiding the obvious highlight swipe that some highlighters give off.
I've been using this quite a bit since I got it and I love it!
To see Topaz in action click HERE.

Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Liam
Out of all the Lips & Boys shade this is the one that I'm glad I have!
Liam is a creamy purple with the slightest bit of shimmer.
It's moisturising and looks absolutely stunning on deeper skin tones as most purples do.

Fashion Fair Beauty Highlighter in Golden Lights
I think I may become all about highlighters in 2015.
Fashion Fair Beauty Highlighter in Golden Lights has been raved about by so many MUA's including Renny Vasquez so I had go get my hands on it.
Golden Lights is absolutely divine.
I like to use this on my cheeks to give a glow when I turn into the light.
The golden shimmer looks beautiful on deeper skin tones, if you are a WoC I would definitely recommend adding this baby to your collection, you will NOT be disappointed!

And that's it!!

My mega huge list of 2014 Beauty Favourites including some Ones To Watch in 2015 which I will have reviews for soon!

If you have some product recommendations that you loved in 2014 or what me to check out in 2015 please let me know below, I love discovering new products!

Much love to all of you and of course,
Happy New Year! :)

Natalie xxx

4 comments

  1. Fashion Fair Highlighter review please!!! I'm on that boat with you girl, gonna be ALLL about the highlight/glow in 2015 hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be coming soon! It's so gorgeous! I never thought I'd be a highlighter girl but the products I have suggest otherwise!

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love La Roche-Posay Serozinc! So glad we are finally getting it here in the UK! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great product, I'm becoming a fan of La Roche-Posay!

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top