LIQUID LIPSTICK // MAKEUP MONSTERS MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICKS REVIEW

makeup monsters hit the dirt blackened heart maroon masquerade liquid lipsticks discoveries of self blog natalie kayo nc50 black beauty blogger
makeup monsters hit the dirt blackened heart maroon masquerade liquid lipsticks discoveries of self blog natalie kayo nc50 black beauty blogger
makeup monsters hit the dirt blackened heart maroon masquerade liquid lipsticks discoveries of self blog natalie kayo nc50 black beauty blogger
makeup monsters hit the dirt blackened heart maroon masquerade liquid lipsticks discoveries of self blog natalie kayo nc50 black beauty blogger
I first found out about Makeup Monsters when I came across their brown liquid lipstick in Talk Dirty Too (which has been reported as a LC Salem dupe) which has now sadly been discontinued – boo!

I had wanted to purchase this liquid lipstick but kept putting it off which was a bad idea but after visiting the site again a month or so ago I was excited to see that Samantha (owner of MM) was about to launch new shades.

I jumped on them as soon as they came out, purchasing Maroon Masquerade, Hit The Dirt and Blackened Heart.

Each liquid lipstick currently retails for $13.95 (around £8.92 each.)

Maroon Masquerade is described as a "subtle pairing of red and purple." 
This shade is right up my alley - it's a real vampy colour and when I mean real, I MEAN REAL! 
Normally vampy shades like this appear lighter on my skin tone due to me being of a darker complexion but not Maroon Masquerade! 
This baby serves vamp and more!

Hit The Dirt is my absolute favourite out of the bunch! 
This lil gem was a big surprise as I was expecting this to appear brown as it is described as a "dirt or twig brown with a hint of red" but when applied I was greeted with them most perfect  warm dusty rose shade for my skin tone - this shade is so perfect no liner is needed! 
If you are a PoC you'll know how rare of a situation this is! I've been wearing Hit The Dirt any chance I can get now - I am in absolute love with it!

Lastly, we have Blackened Heart which is described as a "dark red wine." Not as dramatic on my skin tone but a very gorgeous slightly vampy red that I'll definitely be reaching for when I want a red lip but with a bit more drama.

All in all I am insanely happy with my purchases guys!

The liquid lipsticks come in a true liquid form but dry so quickly without that annoying tacky middle stage or the crazy soul sucking dryness that some liquid to matte lipsticks may have.

In terms of shipping (MM is an overseas brand) I waited a week for my order to be sent with no custom charges and an overall shipping cost of $10.95 (around £7/£8)

You can visit the Makeup Monsters Cosmetics website HERE.

Nat x


Update: Makeup Monsters no longer ship to the UK from their website. 
You can shop their products from Hooked Up Shop in the UK now, just watch out for those delivery charges!

14 comments

  1. Ah I love discovering new liquid lipsticks! you suit all three xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is gorgeous! It works well on all skin tones too!

      Delete
  3. Love this and I want that brown liquid lipstick.

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous! I've already picked up another brown from them!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, I love all 3 of these shades, especially the middle one. I've been looking for that kind of nude for ages, I think I'll have to invest!
    Mantenso xx
    She's AbouThat Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a good investment as well compared to the other liquid lipsticks out there!

      Delete
  5. You're so gorgeous!
    It's not fair!
    Love the swatches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! Thanks Jenn! That was a good make-up day!

      Delete
  6. The nude one! yaasssss! I need that in my life, it looks amazing on you! - btw are you wearing lashes? if so may i ask what make they are :) - x

    Lavinya Royes - Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous nude! Yeah I'm wearing the Eylure Definition Lashes in 121, you can pick them up from Boots. Love them!

      Delete
  7. Because of you - I bought 'Hit The Dirt' - I'm so excited! I actually couldn't resist buying from the brand so I have 4 of their old formulations/packaging lipsticks which was/are great but, I'm really liking the new packaging and shades :). Plus the owner is fabulous, the brand is so cute and the customer service is awesome! You're such a beautiful lady you wear all the shades so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful nude, I hope you love it as much as I do!

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top