MAC Smoked Purple

Guys, guys, guys!
I have been rebelling lately!
I have had NO time for pretty corals, pinks or orange lipsticks this summer.
I've been all about dark vampy lips, don't ask me why...I JUST HAVE ALLLLRIGHT!


Now with that disclaimer out the way I would like to introduce you to my newest addition.
MAC's Smoked Purple lipstick.
You would have seen me wax lyrical about this lipstick in my Summer Beauty Lush List post, however I had actually planned to pick this lipstick up at IMATS but distracted myself and brought Diva instead, doh!

I managed to rectify my mistake and in the rain I made my way to the MAC in Covent Gardens to pick up this lippie and mannnn, was it worth it!

Smoked Purple is a matte gorgeous creamy blue toned aubergine purple which works well on many skin tones. It actually applies lighter than the colour shown from the bullet

I applied this lipstick with MAC's Nightmoth lip liner as it does not disturb the actual colour of Smoked Purple too much.

As you can see from my pictures below you have to be careful when applying this product (you have to respect the fact that it is a MAC matte and not as simple to apply.) 
With the swatches below I had actually blotted my lips and had not re applied the lipstick which is something I should've done as to not make the lipstick look so patchy. 
I'm also planning on buying myself a lip brush, eeek 
(bare with me peeps, baby steps yeah!)
Seriously guys, I FREAKING LOVE THIS COLOUR!!!
It is so unique but yet very wearable, I want to wear it all the time!

Smoked Purple is available on the MAC US site however for my UK lot this is a pro product which you can pick up from all pro stores.

I don't normally tell people to go and buy lipsticks, but this one is definitely one I would push people to buy.
I LOVE IT!

What do you think about vampy lips for the summer?
Do you think you'll pick up Smoked Purple?

8 comments

  1. Amazing! This is so vampy and looks bad ass on you. I have rebel which is quite a similar shade, but would love to try out a matte purple!
    Lydia Rose
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia, I love this lipstick so much! I want to pick up Rebel too but I think I might already own a dupe of it! A good matte purple is also Sleek's Exxxagerate lippie! x

      Delete
  2. This sounds pretty awesome. Was never really too sure about this before, as I’d heard of it but was a bit... meh before, but will be grabbing it now you recommended it, as it looks so cool on you. definitely going to try it out. x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a gorgeous colour that is so over looked! We definitely need to spread the word about this one! Let me know how it goes! x

      Delete
  3. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! I'm not sure if it's because the weather has been so hot recently that I've been craving winter like a mad woman, but all I've been wanting this summer is a dark vampy lipstick and I think you may have just answered my wish! It looks amazing on you, I really want it! I think it'll go so well in the winter with dark clothes ugh. Utter perfection, thanks for sharing such a good lipstick!

    www.perksofbeingally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Good to know I'm not the only one either Ally! I'm loving vampy lips lately! :)

      Delete
  4. It looks very similar to Rebel but with a matte finish which I LOVE! I'm picking this up on my next visit to the pro store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's def one to have and a lurrvve the texture of it!

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top