MUA Smokin' Palette

If you have seen my Beauty Haul video you would have seen me rave about this palette!

The new MUA Smokin Palette is a stunning 10 eyeshadow, 1 eye pencil palette made for those of us who love smokey eyes.

The palette holds 4 mattes (Glory, Boudoir, Fantasy and Mythical) 6 Shimmers (Ghost, Broken, Icon, Unleash, Chaos, Wicked) and one khol eye pencil (Black Smoke)

The colours payoff in this palette is TO DIE FOR! 
The swatches below are without any primer!
They show up so well on my skin tone, I am very impressed!
I couldn't wait to use these gorgeous jewelled eyeshadows to test out their longeviity as well as see how they look on me.

I used a thin layer of ELF's mineral eyeshadow primer, then I applied a thin layer of NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean.
I then applied Chaos liberally over the lid. Whilst applying I found out that I experienced some creasing, this can be solved by using a bit more primer than I did.

I followed my applying a bit of the Black Smoke pencil on my outer V and then went over that with Mythical, making sure I blended well.
I reapplied more of Chaos (to get rid of the creasing) and added some of Makeup Geek's Corrupt E/S in my outer V as I found that Mythical wasn't dark enough for me.

Next I moved onto the waterline.
I applied Unleash carefully onto my waterline.
I loveeeed the contrast of colour however I went in with my Barry M Bold Blue eyeliner just to up the colour payoff.

Last but not least I applied Glory to my brow bone for a subtle highlight colour and voila!
You get the look below!
Look how stunning these colours are!
I'm just blow away!

The creasing was a bit of a problem but I think this could be remedied by using a more effective primer (Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper is fab!) I also don't like that the Black Smoke eye pencil does not come with a lid, it is so soft it really needs one!

Besides that I am in love with this palette.

For ONLY £6 you cannot go wrong AT ALL!

I've also heard that this is a great dupe for the Urban Decay Smoked Palette.

The Smokin' Palette can be found at the MUA site HERE.


What do you think about this palette?
Are you tempted to pick it up?
What other MUA products do you like?

10 comments

  1. Looks a gorgeous palette & love the look you created Hun. How odd that the eye pencil doesn't come with a lid :/
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is and thank you! It is so weird hat it doesn't come with a lid, I broke the nib immediately!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely LOVE the look you came up with! The blues look stunning on you! This palette looks amazing x

    www.perfectlyrandomblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! It's a lil brighter than a normally go for but I like it alot! Will have a video tut on it soon! x

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful look! Are there any stores that sell MUA besides online stores? I'd love to get my hands on this palette.

    ~ EPDALLAS~
    http://etsy.com/shop/shopepdallas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Superdrug sell MUA if you're in the UK.

      Delete
  4. I need to try some MUA makeup. Everyone is raving about it!
    Adela x

    misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are def a great company! Such value for money!

      Delete
  5. Love this palette, I need to get my hands on that one. MUA are coming out with some good quality things xx

    http://shugahlicious-shug.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely do need to! It's so cheap and so pigmented definitely a bargain and MUA have some fantastic products for great prices! x

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top